12.24.2016

Phase Two of the Barb-Way

I fell down a rabbit hole.

A 1950's French rabbit hole.

Behold, my Barbie dress collection, "Paris 1952." See if you can spot the Dior "New Look" suit.



Let me break this down. The first part of the collection are these dresses with bows.


Then the sundresses:



And the shopping outfits:



I used plain eggshell muslin and some hand-painted muslin and linen I cranked out back in 1995. The hats and bags were made with felt, ultrasuede, chamois, and leatherette. 

I swear that Phase Three will be the end of this madness, when I make the black & white collection for The Jade Dog.

Unless I get sidetracked by beading the muslin stuff from Phase One.

But I won't. I'm longing to get back to the Big Fat Art Project. 

So - more later for sure.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how many more episodes (or phases) of Project Barb-Way we get to enjoy, but you're the clear winner to me! These are a delightful and "cohesive" ;-) collection!!!

    ReplyDelete