10.20.2016

Staying Busy

I finished my fourth piece for Embellishing the Runway, and the fifth challenge is on the drawing board - I'm shockingly behind this week - because in the meantime I've been making some other things.

First off, I'm obsessed with those delica beads I got a few weeks ago. I've been making barrettes.

I created this pattern, Rebecca's Ribbons, as a gift for my daughter-in-law, and just loved it so much, I had to make more and more and more. And there are more on the worktable. 
Here's some close-ups:


The design is based on a traditional quilt pattern.

I'm also working on a bead crochet lanyard for a friend - she requested an ombre effect, which I have done before - I just forgot how long it takes to plot one out and then string it. Two days. Fortunately, the crochet itself just whips right along, so here's that work in progress, just past the half-way mark.


So that's what I've been up to.

And I really am working on that fifth design for Embellishing the Runway. See?

So obviously, more later!

2 comments:

  1. Love Rebecca's Ribbons!!! Do you sell your patterns? I did look at your Etsy shop...wonderful work!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robbie! I'm not quite ready to sell patterns, but it is something I've been looking into - thanks for the encouraging words!

      Delete