7.21.2016

Flying Low and Keeping Cool

It's going to take a little time to acclimate to living on a water planet again. After 20+ years in Southwest desert, being in green and growing country does take some getting used to. Humidity, for one thing, affects me differently now that I'm a silver-hair. Pacing myself, doing things earlier in the day, frequently missing the window of opportunity for yard work, it's all part of the re-learning curve.

So you'd think spending time in front of an air conditioner would be more conducive to beadwork, but I found myself doing more reading and falling asleep in the rocking chair in the middle of the day.

Beadwork has kinda been on hold for a while.  But I am back in the groove and working out a new schedule for improving my productivity. Still in search of that fabled "new normal."  I did manage to finish a second cuff using the 1.8mm cubes. Check it out.

 I decided to go with an infinity loop for my closures. Comfortable and easy to manipulate.

Here's the two wide ones together. 

I have a whole rack of bangles I made with these little cubes, but I'm thinking I might need to give them all that little pop of interest by giving them vintage or vintage repro button closures. Seeing as how I do have all these buttons . . .

Now that I'm thinking about *that*, it must be time to get back to the pendants.

Obviously it never ends.

More later.

2 comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.