5.02.2016

The Jade Dog's 2016 Spring Challenge

Every year for the past few years, Darcy Horn (my daughter) at The Jade Dog has run a beadwork challenge. Even though I'm ineligible for the fabulous prize ($50 in merch from her shops), I always participate because I love a good challenge. Gets the old design juices flowing. This year's no exception.

Glass daggers, wooden cubes, polyclay spikes, and vintage German glass cabochons among other things were in the kit I chose.

And this is what I made:

Haven't done any bead embroidery in quite some time, Felt good to break out the short needles again. To the kit contents I added lots of seed beads, copper rounds, and some vintage sequins (also available from The Jade Dog). 

I enjoyed that so much I've managed to lose my table under a pile of beads, stones, and thread as I try to narrow down some choices for an art jewelry bracelet I keep seeing in my head. 

So that means, of course, more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment