3.10.2012

The First Of The Late Reveals - or - Revenge of the Bead Soup Blog Party

So I made this necklace to match the set of bead crochet bangles made for the Project Runway All Stars'  sixth episode challenge/Embellish the Runway Flickr group.  Crystal seed beads worked with chocolate brown bead cord, accented with lampwork glass spacers and the lovely oversized toggle closure that came with my soup from the Beading Yogini, Cece Cormier.




I wore it all day today, with the bangles, and got quite a few nice comments.  

There's so much yet to do will all the cool stuff still in the soup.  I do so love leftovers.

6 comments:

  1. I love this necklace! There's something about that knot that I just find so facinatinating ... it adds such awesome dimension and seems to perfectly balance the piece! Truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lola! I'm glad it's done, though - after working with larger beads in bead crochet, the smaller seeds just felt like they were taking forever to form that rope.

      Delete
    2. I did get a little lightheaded thinking about all the work that went into this piece Morwyn! I am always AMAZED at how much beading you accomplish in such short periods of time ... and quite beautifully too!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous necklace! I love the beaded rope -- from far away, it almost looks like Viking knit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Un collar muy original!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness... how long did the rope take? It's terribly beautiful by the way )

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.