From my blog post back in May of 2007:
"I should take a moment to explain about the dragon. I made a doll I named Valeria Gloria, and she is a dragon rider."
She needed a dragon to ride, though. I found Melinda's Dragon.
I made a few modifications to the pattern and built the form in
muslin. I've been staring at this pale cream shape now for a year and a
half, waiting for it to tell me what to do."
So I started. Time and again. Drawing patterns on the form, starting to bead only to stop and rip out all the work I'd done. Now it's really shouting to be finished - no matter how much I tear up my fingertips. I gotta find my leather thimble. The path to completion is, well, painful.
Here's the dragon in the raw.
The front legs aren't attached - I'm beading them right now.
I need to find that thimble . . .