2.22.2011

Progress on the February Journal Page/Chunky Beaded Bead Bracelets

I've been working on my February page, but I've also been making a lot of bracelets lately.

Canton Treasure (I'm keeping this one):

Peking Treasure:

Ming Treasure:

Between a Rock and a Soft Place:

I was lucky enough to be The Jade Dog's "plus-one" on a buying trip to the motherlode of all bead shows in Tucson.  In two days' time, we managed to hit 4 or 5 of the nearly 40 bead shows that were happening AND attend a class - Painting with Fire, in which we learned torch-fired enameling from Barbara Lewis.  The class was Big Fun and the shopping was Extreme.  I was so knocked out by the whole experience I didn't remember to take pictures when we were there, and forgot to chronicle all the cool stuff I collected up for myself.  I saw some of the most stunning art jewelry imaginable.  It was heaven.  It was inspiring.  If you have never gone to this event, you would be right to envy me.

After we returned from Tucson and the Overwhelming Beady Extravaganza, I finished my latest spiral bead crochet bracelet for my Myst-inspired series.

Haunted Tetsonot:
Sluggo's working out very well.  I think he looks like Olivia Newton John in that last photo.

To business; here's my progress to date on the February page -


I think I'm on-target to finish the page by the end of the month. 
More later!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I love the way the lower left corner looks like a necklace hanging from the heart above.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sluggo does indeed look like ONJ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great. Thanks for showing how you lay out the design. I'm trying to learn about bead embroidery, that's one of the reasons I'm doing the BJP this year, so I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your bracelets and Sluggo display, and your February piece is looking stunning! Your beading, especially the rows in the lower left corner, is exquisite! I'm always impressed by photos that show one's materials all laid out waiting to be used. I could never do that because I don't plan that far ahead. I may get out a few things in a color family in an attempt to know where I'm going, but when I'm done I realize I never used most of the things I laid out! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really think your work is lovely and I especially loved watching your process on how you constructed the February piece. Very insightful. I wish more people would do that for us people who are just finding our way.
    Analisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bracelets blow me away, Morwyn! What an amazing artist you are... February's BJP piece is already looking delicious, like a box of the very best candy. Yummmmmmmm!

    Robin A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, everyone! And Robin, it's interesting that you made that connection - this badge is going on a small pink box that does indeed look like a candy box!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really beautiful! You are inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, as always, Morwyn! Your boxes are true works of art. Those chunky bracelets are so much fun... I love the fuzzy beads (for lack of a better word, lol) and on your BJP project, I love the different textures you've shown. The top left looks shaggy and I love the monochromatic feel in the bottom left corner. Look forward to seeing this finished piece!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morwyn - Your sense of humor cracks me up. I love all your work, but I get such a kick out of seeing your pictures now with Sluggo modeling everything. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.