5.17.2010

The Problem With Being Work Obsessed:

You find yourself scattering your energy, but at the same time your field of vision narrows.  You get so detail-oriented, you become myopic and self-involved.  Worst of all, you just lose sight of all the wonderful people around you that have taken their very precious time to read your silly stuff, and more than that - have commented on that silly stuff.

Today I picked up the most recent copy of Artful Blogging -
and it wasn't so much any one thing I read there, as it was the sheer weight of talent encountered.  I was inspired; I went to my dashboard here on Blogger to have a look at the creative pages of my readers and was stunned to see I have over 100 of you here!  I spent the afternoon being blown away by each and every page, and became a follower of all your blogs.

You're all inspiring and delightful each in your own unique way, and I can see I'll have to get up just a little earlier and have a second cup of coffee every morning until I get caught up.

And thank you all for sharing.  It really does mean the world.  Well, my world anyway.

More later, as always -

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for following my blog. I must say it is nice to see some familiar faces and there are a few blogs I view daily - including yours!

    Happy blogging!

    Karyn
    Australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. You offer a glimpse of your wonderful work that we wish we could see in person.

    I like to catch the link to followers on blogs I follow. Its amazing to see what other interests followers of bead blogs have.

    Fun, huh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for becoming a follower on my blog. I have very much enjoyed following yours and have gone back into your archives to see some of your past posts. You are a big inspiration to me. I've mainly been a fiber artist but am now moving more into beadwork after following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about becoming work obsessed and in effect, myopic. Thanks for discussing this and being so open. I share your feeling of being surprised and delighted by many of the folks out there who share the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this magazine and just picked up this issue. Your blog should be included because you are so inspirational. Thanks for coming by my blog and following.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much, everyone, for reading and commenting!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.