5.23.2010

Earth Angel No. 3

This is the lightest of the three angels in color and tone.  I love the citrine chip wings.  I used a Wild Horse magnasite disk bead, a jasper rectangle, a mother-of-pearl heart, and dyed freshwater pearls along with Japanese glass seed beads.  It has such a nice, fresh feel. 

I just started work on the purse ornament.  I've been fixated on this portrait of Georgia O'Keeffe;
and I'm not exactly clear on how but I want to pull that strength of image into this particular bead embroidery. I used the tools over at Colourlovers and came up with this (simplified) palette:

I'm still listing craft books on my website, but I finished posting all the papercraft books on hand.  Like this one:
(There are so many great ideas in here - I adapted a lot of the techniques into some handbound books a few years ago - I wonder where I put my notes?)
And this one:
(This whole 'encyclopedia' series is excellent - comprehensive with clear instructions and great photos)
And this one,
to mention just a few.  Pop on over and check out all the papercraft titles!

There are still a lot of books I need to scan and list, but I'm taking a day off.  I managed to trip and fall out in our garage yesterday, and I am stiff and sore all over today.  I really should get back to work on the Multiplicity bracelet tutorial, but honestly.  All I wanna do right now is bead.

Well, more later.  Can't be helped.


4 comments:

  1. This angel is so pretty! Once again thanks for the eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this angel is beautiful! thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kristen! I think the Blogger comment moderation got stuck and stuttered - but I like what you said so much I'll just leave things as they are! Thanks for reading, and for taking the time to comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats cool I do like it that much. I really should try embroidery but I'm not sure mine would look as nice as yours ;)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.