2.28.2010

Moss Creek - a Multiplicity bracelet


I think after about a dozen more of these, I will have worked this design out of my system.  Can you tell my camera batteries started to fail as I got to the last picture?

I went through my past work portfolio and realized this is a trend with me - falling in love with a design and making it over and over, each time with subtle variations - exploring every facet of that design until I feel my sense of completion.  Then I feel released, then I'm able to move on.

This is my eighth Multiplicity bracelet.  They've all used matte metallic beads as the starting point.  I think it's time to explore something with a bit more sparkle.

And A BIG THANK YOU to those of you who voted in my little exploratory poll.  Decisions have been made thanks to you, and yes - I am working on a downloadable pattern.  I do have a day job as well as jewelry to produce, so it may take a while, but it will get done.  (Thanks, Bead Nerd, for the advice - you didn't know it, but you wrote this post directly to me).

More later, as I can't seem to stop myself.

7 comments:

  1. very cool piece! or pieces! So glad you become keep making them!! We enjoy it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just keep on making these, Morwyn -- we never get tired of seeing these beauties!


    Kathy V in NM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed the exploratory poll, but I hope it was about a pattern for the Multiplicity bracelet. I have been admiring these from the start. I also was wondering if you'd do a pattern at some point...fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Can't wait for the pattern to come out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait for the pattern to come. What are the beads with the silver on the ends called?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of all the things I've set aside due to time constraints and obligations, creating this pattern is the one I most regret. It's been over two years since I set the intention, and the outlook is not favorable. It's just not happening.
      Now, you ask about beads with silver on the ends - I've been staring and staring at the photos (the bracelet is long gone)and I have NO idea to what you refer. Sorry!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.