9.15.2009

Taking a Break, Artbeads!, & Wandering Into Craft Stores (Post #298)

TAKING A BREAK FROM 'BROIDERY: I'm feeling overwhelmed; the creative flow has been diverted, I have so many projects planned out I've lost the oomph to work on any of them, and I've been rooting through my static bead stash so many times nothing is sparking new ideas. I feel like I'm doing the same stitches over and over and it doesn't feel like fun. So I set my bracelet box lid aside for a while and I'm taking a short break from the bead embroidery. I want to do Something Else. Something Interesting. Something New.


BOPPING OUTTA THE COMFORT ZONE: Yesterday was errand day - doctors' appointments, laundromat, grocery shopping, picking up mail from our post box - and YAY! My Artbeads order came in -

I kept coming across their website whenever I would play with the Stumble toolbar and search for beadwork. Since I spend so much time with my nose in the seed beads, I had no idea there were so many colors and sizes of Swarovski pearls - I'd been thinking about doing a mixed media cuff and the 3mm ones will be perfect for what I've sketched out.

*I have received the products free of charge from ArtBeads and I am honestly reviewing the products and have not been paid for my endorsement as it pertains to the products received.*

KICKING AROUND IN CRAFT STORES: Asa needed to shop at a natural grocery, which just happens to be in the same shopping center as Big Name Craft Store. So I wandered in there - UNSUPERVISED - and gravitated to the bead aisle, where there's a 50% sale on some nifty stuff but I managed to escape only $30 poorer. Then Asa wanted to look for some Ian Rankin books at the Hastings across the street, which just happens to have Rival Big Name Craft Store in its shopping center. Once again I wandered around - UNSUPERVISED - and found the big clearance section that just happened to have a few beads and bounced outta there with a $35 dent in my wallet. Good thing errands were done at this point and we could head home, me hugging all my new loot to my chest like a life preserver.
I spent the afternoon happily sorting through the new stuff, matching it to some old stuff, drawing new sketches and getting ready to play with my new tiny pearls - the river of creativity is flowing right by my front door again. It's a shame I have to work the day job today - but since it's State Fair season, it could be slow enough to have some play time.








AND REMEMBER: We're almost at Post Three Hundred! KEEP WATCHING!!



(This makes things seem a lot more exciting than they will ultimately prove to be)

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful post, Morwyn! And, yes, Artbeads manages to garner a lot of my bead money, too. But I agree -- those 50% off sales really kickstart my creative juices, too!!!


    Kathy V in NM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nearly got lost at the Artbeads website - I had no idea they took PayPal - this may spell my doom! Especially since they carry seed beads too . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours you have put together!! Can't wait to see the projects!
    Cheers, Denise

    ReplyDelete