8.20.2009

My Bead Fu Is Strong

My PayPal account had dwindled to the point where I had to make a few deposits to fund some online purchases. I love the PayPal debit card - ever since we went through that identity theft scare we've been pretty leery of buying online, but this is about as safe as you can get for shopping via internet. Anyway, I was talking to Asa about moving more money into the PayPal account to facilitate the purchase of some cycling gear for him. I remarked that I needed an Etsy sale or two to plump up said coffer to fund a bead purchase when BAM! I get two emails - one is a purchase (thanks, Robin!) and one is a request to reserve a piece (thanks, Leah!).

My Bead Fu is strong.

The Desert Twins (work in progress 1)

I can't find my copy of that special issue of Bead & Button that was all right angle weave - arrgh. I have this picture in my head of a pendant I want to make that's a variation of one I saw in there . . . this is gonna make me nuts. EDIT: SUCCESS!! I found it!! The gremlins had cleverly hidden it between "The Art and Elegance of Beadweaving" and "Beaded Crochet Patterns" in my studio bookcase. HA!

Getting back to the twins, here's progress pic 2:


3 comments:

  1. Morwyn -- I think I have that issue. Do you want me to copy those pages for you and mail them?


    Kathy V in NM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, KV - that's so nice of you to offer, but I DID find it! I've edited my post, and I've found the instructions I was looking for! Hurray!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful that you found it, Morwyn -- I know that feeling only too well.

    Love your current containment design!


    Kathy V in NM

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.