6.02.2009

One Ends, Another Begins

Desert Study No. 2 is now complete. I backed it with cream colored Ultrasuede and gave it a bright copper slide closure.


That being done, Asa (my partner-turned-husband) asked me to make a cuff for him. He particularly liked some gorgeous ceramic beads I found at Mama's Minerals last month. He's developed a deep admiration for the look and feel of all things steampunk so my problem was this: How to adapt the steampunk aesthetic to bead embroidery. Here's what I've come up with so far:

AeroAsa Stage 1


AeroAsa Stage 2

I'm not sure where this is going just yet, but I like it.

Ooo - BTW, today's guest post over at the Colour Lover's Blog is so good, I'm printing it out and pasting it in my workbook. Great advice.

5 comments:

  1. So far so good. Is that a magnetic snap type closure?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Jade Dog - yes it is - I bought a package of them to repair Asa's mapcase and decided this was the perfect closure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome goodies, Morwyn!


    Kathy V in NM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your finished Desert cuff! The colours and lines are indeed evocative of a desert scene :) The new cuff for your husband is looking fantastic...what a nice hubby to request a cuff from you, very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ KV & Belinda - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.