3.01.2009

Remember This?


Well, that's me again. Just got this in the mail:

February 27, 2009

Dear Morwyn,

Congratulations! Your piece titled The Wheel of the Year: My Beaded Journal has been selected to tour with our Beadwork VI: The Beaded Book exhibit.

The competition was very tight. It was simply amazing to see how all of the participating artists combined their love of books with their passion for beading. Each of the artworks entered showed an enormous amount of creativity. Needless to say, the jurors had the difficult task of narrowing the number down to the eighteen winners. We are happy to announce that your piece is one of the eighteen.

As a participant in the exhibit, your beadwork will be displayed at Bead Fest Santa Fe, March 12th to 15th, and Bead Fest Philadelphia, August 21st to 23rd. If you can’t make it to one of the shows, be sure to check out the June/July issue Beadwork to view all eighteen of the winners. In early May, visit the online gallery at beadworkmagazine.com. . .

Again, congratulations and sincere thanks for participating.

Best wishes,

Melinda Barta
Editor, Beadwork magazine


Oofdah. And wow. I think I'm kinda in shock.

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations!
    So well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's wonderful! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Morwyn - it is well deserved! I thoroughly enjoyed watching the progress of each and every page via your blog.

    It's a brilliant piece - BRAVO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woot! How wonderful and exciting :-) You should be proud as punch, Morwyn...this is a huge achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fantastic! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doesn't surprise me one bit! Congratulations :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOO HOO!!! We all knew it would happen! I am so happy for you! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray for you! Congratulations! Not that it surprises me. Your work is always exquisite.

    Arline

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome news, Morwyn!


    Kathy V in NM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Morwyn! This doesn't surprise me at all - it's a master piece! Well done AND it's good to be recognized.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, everyone - honestly, I'm gobsmacked by the whole thing. Not often I'm at a loss for words - but this one's got me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't say's I'm surprised AT ALL! Swwweeeettt!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.