3.31.2009

Heidi's Kitchen



My latest set of bangles - this time using the little ''practice' lampwork beads I mentioned a while back. I'm working on several more sets using those 'practice' beads. I'm in a kind of rhythm now, crocheting these bangles. I can't seem to get the block of time I need to work on those sculptural peyote cuffs . . . soon, I promise myself.

I'm trying out some different settings on my old HP ScanJet. I like the sage background - cuts down on the rebounding shine.
I've increased the resolution as well - doubled it from 150 t0 300.
I like the effect - and I've been using Picasa 3 for the fine tuning. You know, for a free program it's very, very good.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, these turned out beautifully, Morwyn! I just have to find time somewhere to learn bead crochet -- your photos just make my fingers itch to try it.


    Kathy V in NM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Kathy, you've GOT to learn!! It's totally addictive, and the results are so strong and long-wearing - if you can't find a teacher, then Carol Wilcox Wells' book "The Art and Elegance of Beadweaving" has the clearest directions I've found - and the Ann Benson book on DVD as well. Go for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, Morwyn -- I ordered the Wilcox Wells' book. It will be a great traveling project for me later this month. Who knows -- maybe this old left-handed beader will finally learn to do bead crochet!


    Kathy V in NM

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really did scan well... is the scanner's back gray or did you put something behind your bangle?

    Kassie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Kassie! My scanner's plate is stark white - for these scans I taped a piece of sage green linen finish cardstock to it. It definitely cut down on the shine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool! I'm gonna have to try that next time. I love my scanner, but boy, those shiny parts are a problem!!!

    ReplyDelete