1.02.2009

Too Much Brain Noise

I just couldn't seem to settle down to any one project this afternoon, so what did I do?

I wasted about two hours playing this goofy, old-school game. Well, not really wasted. In my defense, I have a perfectly valid reason for doing this. I spent my day running the bookstore (uncharacteristically busy for the first of the year) while trying to catch up on about 8 months' worth of filing. I managed to finish just before I went off shift at 3:30. I'd been going over my end-of-year list for the accountants and my brain got tired. So while I had my dunch (dinner/lunch) I played Chip's Challenge - I'm actually on Level Pack 2, Level 103: Island Hopping. It's ridiculous and I know that, but it gets me to transition from left-brain list making to right brain bead play.

I love tools. One of my recent acquisitions is one of those little Beadalon jump ring makers.
I figured I've got all these different kinds of wire (from my wire-wrapping days) and I don't see myself making billions of jump rings, so this little kit should be adequate for my needs. I made a pile of rings and started weaving a chain - I can't remember what this particular beginner's weave is called - and then I made a couple of leaves. I'm not really sure if they're going together, but that's what I mean about not being able to settle down. Right now I'm just playing with ideas and it feels good. Even if there are too many of them.

2 comments:

  1. It's Helm Weave.

    I was good today. I finished my handbag (!) started a new scarf to match a pair of glove's Don's mom gave to me for Christmas, and finished up year-end bookkeeping. Oh, and I did lay out a new handbag...start that one tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Darcy! And that handbag is too, too gorgeous. My colors, too!

    ReplyDelete