12.13.2008

And Just Like That. Boom.

One of my favorite bookstore customers (for many, many years) came in while I'm here filling in for Asa during lunchtime. I took the day off to get my holiday baking done. So it's all freak chance is what I'm getting at. She hasn't been in to see us for several months and she stops in when I'm here but shouldn't be. She looked at my display of rings and went nuts. Next thing I know I've agreed to make one just for her on commission. Then she pays me up front for it. See? You stick your chin out there and BOOM.

Clearly I need to be very careful about asking the Universe for things.

2 comments:

  1. The Universe sure has a way about it, doesn't it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey CD! Long time no see!! Which reminds me, I haven't been to the Sand Fibers blog in a while - I'd best check in!

    ReplyDelete