11.20.2008

I'm Excited - Then Again . . .

On the one hand, I'm really excited! My daughter, The Jade Dog, is coming for a visit tomorrow! We haven't seen each other for over a year - and this is a great weekend for her to be here - The Bead Renaissance Show is going on at Expo New Mexico AND several of the bead shops are having some pretty sweet sales, too. I'm really looking forward to checking out Kameyab Imports - I've heard lots of great things about them; hope to hit Mama's Minerals, Thunderbird Supply, Thomason Stone Supply, and a few others if there's time. We'll be doing all sorts of bead-related nonsense for four solid days!! Whee!!

Then, on the other hand . . .

I just sent in my application to the Beadwork VI: The Beaded Book competition.

*gulp*

6 comments:

  1. Hello Morwyn, I stumbled on your blog from a Sharing of Words. Just had to tell you that your sidebar intro made me laugh. WIP and works that don't progress... I know all about those! You've got an enjoyable writing style. Best of success with the Beaded Book competition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Shayla! Your artful blog was a huge treat this morning - engaging and lyric!(http://shaylapn.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the visit from your Daughter goes well tomorrow. I can't imagine yet, not seeing my kids for a year but I know it will happen one day, :( .

    Good luck with the baeded book competition. Have you actually written a book?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ho Morwyn - have a wonderful visit with Jade dog! And on the book... good for you for sending it in, it's spectacular - I go back and view it on occasion just because.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Jacqui - Thanks! I did not write a book, I beaded one. A journal, actually. You can see it here: www.beadjournalproject.com/anotherc.htm
    and I've blogged extensively about it.

    @ GraceBeading - So far we're having a ball!! And thanks for the words of encouragement. *gulp* I'll know by 19 January if I go to the semi-finals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Morwyn!

    I came across your blog while browsing Linda L. Jones' blog :) You work is utterly beautiful! I particularly love your whimsical beaded ponies :D I owned a My Little Pony as a child, and seeing your ponies made me grin like an 8 year old! LOL

    Thank you for following my blog :) I really appreciate that!

    Best of luck with your Beaded Book entry. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete