7.22.2008

Something New Has Been Added.

See the little button in the upper left of this blog? Well, I give you the Tao of BAO:




"The Bead Art Originals (BAO) street team has been created to promote the art of its invited members. BAO includes both creators of art beads and creators of beadwoven art. The team's focus is on the business and artistic growth of its members through on and off-Etsy promotion of the team, its activities, and individual members' achievements."
from the Bead Art Originals blog

"Bead Art Originals consists of a select group of independent artisans, including both creators of art beads and creators of beadwoven art. Our focus is on the business and artistic growth of our members. We will use this corner of the web to introduce you to the individual artists, keep you informed of our group activities, and perhaps educate you about our art forms a little."
from the Bead Art Originals website

The website and blog for the group is elegant, well-thought out, and sublimely easy to navigate. Bookmark those sites and visit them often! All kinds of cool things are in the works for this group - a newsletter, a Flickr group, and whatever else our collective fevered brows can concoct.

Get a load of this talent-heavy roster of Etsy shop names:

* AKDlampwork (Amy)
* AnotherCountry (Morwyn)
* ARoseByName (Anna)
* BeadJewelryShopgirl (Regina)
* DawnChastain (Dawn)
* dumauvobleu (Cathy)
* FrucciDesign (Fru)
* giapet (Karen)
* ginnovations (Ginny)
* JenMaestre (Jen)
* LisaPetersArt (Lisa)
* MAKUstudio (Mak)
* malodora (Dee)
* MistyRidgeBeads (Swanee)
* Naftali (Janice)
* SalamanderHouse (Melody)
* SandFibers (Carol Dean)
* SmadarsTreasure (Smadar)
* TheBeadedLily (Sarah)
* TheJadeDog (Darcy)
* time2cre8 (MaryLou)
* tqbdesigns (Lisa)
* triz (Triz)
* FabulousFrippery (Sera)


I know I said I'd never join another Etsy Street Team, but when I received an invitation to join this one, I couldn't resist. I know, I know - where will I find the time to really participate? I know I'm really crappy when it comes to group activities, but seriously. How could I resist?? Have you SEEN the work these guys produce? I'm getting all inspired just knowing I'll be in the company of these amazing artists. There's a link to all the links for their Etsy shops in my sidebar as Inspiration #29.

I have to confess - I've been a major fan of several of these artists since they created their Etsy shops. The Jade Dog, in particular. Not that I'm biased, mind you.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you accepted our invitation, Morwyn! This promises to be such a wonderful group :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're with us too Morwyn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed that unusual heading up in the left-hand corner last night and checked it out. Amazing eclectic group of work!


    Kathy V in NM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spent half my morning looking at all the beautiful eye candy yesterday. Wow!
    I'm going to be opening an Etsy store next month. I love checking out all the new yummies. Thanks for the links.
    Arline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Morwyn -- Happy Birthday a few days late!!!! My brain just woke up and said it has to be Morwyn's birthday this week . . .


    Kathy V in NM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone!
    @ KV - Thank you for the birthday wish - I had a great day yesterday! My daughter sent me my favorite flowers (white carnations), my partner Asa gave me Margie Deeb's latest book AND 4 days off in a row! Woohoo!!!

    ReplyDelete