7.18.2008

Chainmaille Makes Me Happy

Huge thanks to The Jade Dog for this week's inspiration, CGMaille. I'd been thinking about trying my hand at this fascinating art and the CGMaille website makes it soooooooo easy to understand! So I made this yesterday afternoon:


Fifteen Charming Sunsets



I got a copy of Bead & Button's Beading Basics pub, Right-Angle Weave. I'm finding the pictures a little confusing for the technique I'm trying to learn. I know I've done right angle weave before, but for some reason I can't seem to wrap my head around this one.

P.S. - A2Susan, aka Susan of Bead Inspired, stopped in our bookstore today! It was really nice to put a face to those wonderful Bead Journal pages - and it was, of course, great fun to show off my journal as well!

5 comments:

  1. Oh good -- I was hoping Susan would find you! Is that rhodocrosite stones on your beautiful bracelet?


    Kathy V in NM

    ReplyDelete
  2. @KV - Actually, the 'stones' are glass beads of unknown origin that I picked up last October at the International Bead Market in Omaha - the colors, the layers reminded me so strongly of desert sunsets. I had no idea what I was going to do with them, but I knew I had to have them. I bought all they had!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bracelet is beautiful. What gorgeous glass beads in such a beautiful color palette. Wow, they do look so much like stone.
    Thanks so much for the link to the chain maille tutorials. I've always wanted to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed meeting you so much! And I loved the book by Micah Hackler. To see your work in person was such a pleasure. And as good as your pages look on your blog, in person they are beyond words, simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Susan - thank you for the compliment - I just love showing off my beadwork, AND our bookstore!! It was a real treat to meet you and your husband!

    ReplyDelete