6.24.2008

Remakes and Reworks



If you've followed these adventures, you've seen this pendant before. She began life suspended from a copper coil bail on a fiber-wrapped cord. She was remade as a pin, then as a pin/pendant combination. Now the hardware has been removed, a leather bail has been attached to the back, and here she is on a crocheted rope with a magnetic clasp. I swore to myself this is her FINAL incarnation. HA. We'll see.



As I was rooting through my "WhatWasIThinking" bag, I found two beaded beads - one from a pattern in the Beadwork publication "Beaded Beads," and the other of my own invention. I made them into key chain fobs.




My to-do list:
1. Finish the BJP box (hand-sewing leather . . . ouch)
2. Finish repairs to the Houses quilt (every time I patch one place, a new one crops up . . .grr)

On the drawing board:
1. Tree of Life necklace and bracelet
2. Tres Osos embroidered cuff
3. The Desert Sunset/Sunrise collection

What am I doing blogging? I gotta get back to work!!

3 comments:

  1. Well, I must say that this reincarnation of your goddess pendant is smashing! The colors in the rope are perfect for her.


    Kathy V in NM

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one you have to keep! It is stunning!

    Arline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to see items being recycled into something really beautiful! This is so intricate, too.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.