5.01.2008

Brassy Bubbles Spiral


Over at The Bead Circle some of us are participating in a spiral bracelet swap. I opted to do a bead crochet spiral, but I was stunned to see just how many different kinds of spiral bead stitch exists! I'm going to have to try that Cellini stitch - some of the examples I've seen are breathtaking. A quick image search on Google netted some spectacular results.

We're kicking around some theme ideas for our next challenge at The Bead Circle, and one of them is Georgia O'Keeffe, whose work is my Inspiration #16.


We recently acquired this poster and it's now hanging in our bookstore. We have several books of her work and I never tire of leafing through them. I'm especially fond of this one:

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful bracelet, Morwyn! The colors are so rich.
    I love exploring all of the different ways to have fun with the spiral stitch, too, and how unique it can look everytime according to the size and shape of the beads you use. So many beads, so little time. Sigh... :-)
    Georgia O'Keefe is my favorite artist. Her flower studies are breathtaking. I find her inspiring me when I take closeups photos of flowers.
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this Cellini stitch similar to Dutch spiral? Oi, I have so many things to try out yet . . .


    Kathy V in NM

    ReplyDelete