3.07.2008

More Inspiration

It's a 2-fer today. First off at Inspiration #10, Margie Deeb has a new book coming out soon, and I have my copy pre-ordered. This looks to be her best yet.



Yummeh.

Next at #11, Lume di Luna has an AWESOME gallery, well worth the browse. My favorite part of her splash page: "Where Beadwork is an ART" -



She proves her declaration very, very well.

Work on the February BJP page is moving right along - I'm still embroidering, and at the same time trying to storyboard my little movie. Do you have any idea how boring it is to WATCH someone bead? Tedious stuff. I'm doing this primarily as a slide show with narration and music. Windows Movie Maker isn't the most user friendly or intuitive program I've ever seen, but I struggle on. This month's page has me incorporating bugle beads - something I haven't done yet with my pages. I realized as we head into the final quarter of our journals that there are still a few things I need to try - techniques and materials I want to explore.

I'll get there.

5 comments:

  1. I pre-ordered that book, too. Makes one's fingers itch just to get their hands on it, right?

    Bugle beads are something I tend to shy away from using as well. I did use some in one of the cuff bracelets I made for the girls this past Xmas but still am not real comfortable with them.

    Your movie sounds intriguing . . .

    Kathy V in NM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea the queen of bead color has another gem coming out! Ooooo this is going to be fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything you don't try this year you can do next year since it looks like we'll be going forward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOops! I forgot. You aren't going on. Well, you can still try new techniques later.

    ReplyDelete