1.20.2008

December BJP Update



This is where it stands this morning. I wanted to post a shot of these cabochons, too - they are so exquisite - the body is full of stars - this is a river stone from southern New Mexico - it was really porous and I gave it a coat of liquid glass. It brought out those wonderful occlusions in the stone. The head is a striated agate, showing multiple layers. I thought they'd be perfect for this month. My body is filled with universes, my mind with many layers.



While I'm working on this, I've also been working on the Beadweavers' next challenge, the theme of which is "Spring Break." I decided on another pony - this one different from the ones I've done previously. This is Maia.



Some of the significant differences I'll be incorporating are that I'll be painting in her eyes rather than using large beads, and her mane and tale will be beaded, rather than fiber.



Now for Inspiration #4: The beadwork of Rebecca Roush. Her work is stunning.

7 comments:

  1. I am so intriqued by your use of liquid glass -- it really does a super job on the stones, doesn't it?

    And I love your color scheme, too.

    Kathy V in NM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you have the patience to create those ponies, but I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving this one Morwyn, black is always so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your Dec BJP a lot. It speaks to me somehow. And I've loved Rebecca Rousch's work for years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep looking at the way your circles fit together. You do a really good job of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see where your December piece will go. Your work is amazing! I'm in awe of you and others who seem to keep up with more than one challenge at the same time. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photops on the Etsy page do not do the colors justice.

    I loved Vinnie, by the way}:)

    ReplyDelete