11.29.2007

More Inspirations

Inspiration #7: Mary Darwall. I could get lost in her website for hours. Gorgeous.

Inspiration #8: Laurel Burch.
Her life and her art were and are a great inspiration to me. A wonderful spirit and a gifted artist, her absence will be felt by many, and for many years.I will always remember her sense of play, of color and her unquenchable fire of creativity, and forever treasure my few pieces of LB jewelry. Wish I still had my cat mugs . . .

Inspiration #9: Van Gogh. Especially the work he produced while in Arles. Color! He makes me absolutely vibrate from the top of my head right down through the soles of my feet - he is the master of color.Willows at Sunset. This just leaves me gasping.

I have a lot of ground to cover between now and the end of the year if I'm going to make it to a list of 52. Next year will be easier - I'll list one a week then! The nice thing is, this world is FULL of things to inspire you.

5 comments:

  1. Those cat mugs are still available on LaurelBurch.com, Morwyn. We all are going to miss her so much, she was truly an inspiration to so many . . .

    Kathy V in NM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Mary's work is fantastic! Thanks for sharing that link:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice inspiration, just like a ray of sunshine well needed on this very wet day. Thanks for that !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I see what you mean about Mary Darwell's website/artwork. It's almost overwhelming!

    Personally I prefer the warmth of the colors in the Van Gogh painting you showed over the coolness of the winter tree in the next post BUT that tree took my breath away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to keep trying to get her site open, but I can see she can be inspiring.

    p.s. isn't it a shame that doing the things we love so often causes our body to hurt after?

    ReplyDelete