8.22.2007

September Page: Ways of Working/Part 2







I rooted through my bead stash, making choices and decisions. I love these colors - not quite summer,
not yet fall - a palette that trembles on the equinox.











Somewhat committed now to colors, I painted my canvas of interfacing with Sharpies.













I decided to work from the center to the edge, laying in the halo/aura around the citrine cab. Then I laid in the halo/aura around the body, er, agate slab. This stone is so beautiful, so many layers, so much depth. I took my cue from this stone for my colors.













I wanted to cover the background here with something more interesting than the filler stitches I've done before. I decided to work two rows of uneven fringe around the auras, then fill in the rest of the area with the closest thing I could figure out for a French Knot.


This is where I am now, filling in the center panel.

12 comments:

  1. What an absolutely gorgeous beginning. I love your focal bead, the choice of colors and well, just everything about it. I'll keep peeking to see how it is coming along --- oh yes, the 'fringe' is a stunning addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most delicious thing about this one for me is the balance of summer/fall colors. Bravo!!!! Plus, being a quilter, I love the log cabin idea of the borders. Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it -- the colors are perfect and the cabs are awesome!


    Kathy V in NM

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely pallet of colours. The first pic of your bead selection looks like a work of art even before you begin and then you transform them in to something beyond that. Beautiful.

    CA

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is almost like an On line class! Thanks for shareing the process, it is as incredable as the finished work.dc

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it. Are you going to be gone or having surgry? I hope it will be okay whatever it is and is a lot of fun. Take care and keep on keeping on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's a wonderful selection of colours, my head hurts if I go beyond 3 usually, lol. Thanks for showing us the process, I love seeing work progress through different stages.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Dawn, thanks for including pictures of the process you go through to make your wonderful pages for the BJP. I'm in awe of your talent and your bead and cab collection.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your color palette and the cabochon stones are stunning! -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Morwyn: just wanted to thank you soo very much for all the information you share to us (me) beginners and especially your very beautiful work. I have been following the BJP and living vicariously thru friends who are actually participating and what a joy it has been. Thank you soo much for sharing your creative spirit, I just love it!!
    Sandra : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is beautiful as is all of your creations. I'm thoroughly enjoying reading about the process as well, wonderful photos and descriptions - thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This is really fantastic work! :)

    ReplyDelete