8.30.2007

Minuit's Farewell Party

The day has finally come. Minuit will be on her way to her new home in North Carolina first thing in the morning.


She asked her oldest friend, Soliel, to read the tarot cards for her one last time. All signs indicate she'll have a safe journey and a happy new life.



"I hope you don't mind," says Soliel, "but I invited the girls over for one last night of apple-tinis and karaoke."



After the first round, Minuit and Autumn team up for the classic duet, "I Got You, Babe."



After switching to blackberry mojitos, April cracks everyone up with her rendition of "My Girl."



Soliel starts to sing "We Are Family," but breaks down when she gets to the chorus.



Together or apart, they will always be a family.


Remember, you're never too old to play with dolls.

8 comments:

  1. Awwww... looks like a beaded doll party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morwyn!


    Don't know how you could part with any of these beauties -- they are truly stunning.


    Kathy V in NM (who loved the doll play and story, too)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story...wonderful photos. I actually gasped when I saw she was going to a new home - those dolls are the reason I found you on the web.

    I'm glad to see she had a nice party to send her off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Morwyn, that was delightful.
    I wasn't sure if I wanted to laugh or cry. It was so sad she is leaving and yet what a cute and funny little story. You never cease to amaze me with you beautiful talents.
    Hugs,
    Sunni

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great party! Obviously it's been too long since I last played with any of my dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I's so glad Minuit had such a fine farewell affair. She'll have those memories to keep her warm until she feels safe in her new home. We'll be throwing a welcome party too, though she won't find any of the guests anywhere near her size, sort of like stranger in a strange land until she feels at home. I'm excited.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The girls and I are very glad to hear this, Ocean! We miss her already, but we know she'll fit right in and have the happy life we all want for her!

    ReplyDelete