7.17.2007

Home Is Where The Beads Are

Some time back, I mentioned I would post some photos of my work space. Well, here it is. My partner and I live in a little apartment above our bookstore. It's just under 300 square feet - the apartment, I mean. The bookstore is about 1800 square feet. The first three pictures are of the room where I do most of my beading. It's about 6' by 7'. We jokingly refer to this space as "the rumpus room." It's our combination dining room and entertainment center, where we have the smallest flatscreen television ever made. The stereo and DVD player sit on one rolling bead storage cart, and I have another cart under the dining/work table.







These next three photos show some of my bead storage. This is the bottom of the stairwell that leads to our apartment. The wall storage bins are for my accent beads, findings, and some gemstones. The space under the stairs is where I have two bookcases - the large one for seed beads and (surprise!) books. I've been slowly acquiring those square flip-top boxes for my seed beads. I really like the visibility and compact space they afford. The smaller bookcase is for storage containers, cat toys & treats, and the odd craft or two. When was I into aromatherapy??






Here are the Bead Guardians. That's Montag on the bench, ever vigilant. The cat with the shoe fetish under the bench is Carmen. Actually, right now, they like to hang out down by the door - the floor there is linoleum over concrete and it's just about the coolest spot in the building. If it's this hot again tomorrow I won't get much beading done. Maybe I'll post pictures of my chunky-bits storage then.



As I type this, it's 9:30 at night and the temperature outside is 85 degrees Fahrenheit. The air conditioner is struggling to keep it about a degree cooler in here. Too hot to bead.

I can't believe I just said that.

4 comments:

  1. Holy Smokes! I thought I had a lot of beads! And you even have a storage shelf under the table! Do you bead in the book store during the day?
    Great pictures, I really like the shelf on the wall - it makes great art too with all those colours!
    Cheers, Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good use of storage space and I love the cat photo...

    ReplyDelete
  3. chunky-bits storage? sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's alot of beads! I'll have to show this to my husband so he can see that I'm not the only one with a lot of beads.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.