7.25.2007

BJP Progress Report: Page Accompli! (2)

.
Fire/Self Portrait
A road was laid for me a thousand years ago, or so it now would seem as I look back.
I heard a call, not with my ears nor heart, it came up into my skin, saturating me
With longing for another country, one not my own but one that would own me.

I traveled here through time, through lives, through spaces wide, loud, rich and full,
To stand here in the quiet, enveloping stillness, to walk into the crucible of the desert
Where the sun works as the refiner's fire, burning me into a thing annealed.

I have turned my face from where I was; I am my past and need not dwell there now.
All I have learned and done has led me here to this place of light and tomorrows
Where the fire of extinction is welcomed as precursor to the fire of renewal.

It is the Spirit of the South, Spirit of Fire, great lion of life, great dragon of passion
That has led me here, that calls to me still with luminous voice that bids me burn
In the endless cycle of destruction and creation, the fire illuminating all roads to come.

© Morwyn, 2007

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful beads, beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo, Morwyn -- so well done.


    Kathy V in NM

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful. I love the way you finished the page. Thanks for sharing the symbolism of the page with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is totally awesome. After reading the poem and your description of your page, the page itself has much greater meaning to me. Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a rich piece Morwyn. Love your poem with it also. :o)Lillian

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors that pull you in to each section. I like the design that is strong and clear. And I love the poem. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great poem to go with a great page. I envy you the power of writing poetry. It comes hard if not at all for me. I guess I am just too practical and not a romantic. Ah, well, at least I can enjoy what others create in this vein.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The words match the beads. You are an amazingly talented person. I can't wait to see what's next. I'm enjoying it all. Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morwyn, to say this is awesome doesn't do it justice, but I can't think of any other way to say it.
    You are such an extremely talented lady.
    Sunni

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just plain marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's not easy to do a self portrait in any medium. Hopefully you have inspired others of us to try it on one of our BJP pages! (I'm thinking of trying it on my birthday month.) That you see yourself so connected to the past and future, and picture yourself with a rich personal story, yet at the same time a part of a much larger universe is awesome!!! I love both your piece and your poem! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh, You have made me drool! I love your beading... every tiny bead! When I grow up in my beading I want to be just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is stunning! I love that it is a tribute to your SELF. Wow, the colors really speak to me. Bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It means more to me now to see this piece after reading the words that tell its story. All your feelings and energy locked into that piece with every stitch, and that's what makes it special.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful Morwyn!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.