4.29.2007

The Midnight Sky

I don't know how I ended up with shadows in these photos - I must have done something weird with the light source. I was sure I had everything set as per usual - but then I was in a crazed rush this morning to get these up on the site. I want to ship this out tomorrow - this is the first of the bracelets I mentioned the other day.

This is absolutely the smallest (in length) bracelet I have ever made. It is 2" wide and 5 5/8" long, excluding the "buttonholes." I searched all over the apartment for anything the right size to use as my working form, and I ended up with a prescription bottle exactly 5 1/2" in diameter.

It took me three tries to get the color mix just the way I wanted it. The last photo shows the effect I was going for most clearly - the sky at midnight as seen from the top of a mountain. Click on it to get the full effect.




No comments:

Post a Comment