3.20.2007

The Frog Princess



I finished her last night and posted her on Etsy this morning. Originally, this was going to be part of a lariat to support the fabulous Bead by Susan Jones, but the more I looked at it, the more I realized it had to be all on its own. The colors are just a bit too strong to work with the lampwork, and its construction is visually too much to go with anything other than solid colors.

I am dead mad keen for these beads - the color set I used in this piece are from Whimbeads, one of my favorite online shops, and the color is listed as F460E. I used size 11s, 8s, 3 mm cubes and size 8 Delicas, along with some size 11 cream seeds. I learned this variation on bead crochet from the book I've mentioned before, The Art and Elegance of Beadweaving, by Carol Wilcox Wells.

Now that I've found my rhythm with the technique, I'll be forging ahead with my plans for the big lampwork piece - again, something Just For Me.

Nan did come by on Sunday and we talked beadwork. And I wish she had a website with her Sprite dolls on display - they need to be seen by the whole wide world.

No comments:

Post a Comment