1.27.2007

Another Valentine

Just up today. I love making those peyote stitch beaded bead tubes - but I found the brick stitch method to be equally simple, yet elegant. I used it to make the beaded beads for the unisex stretch bangles I have up on Etsy.

I'm still plugging away at the bead crochet ropes - which reminds me - I need to root through my backroom stash to find a different focal bead for the piece. This never fails. There are now maybe two elements left of the original piece I was "reworking" - that's two out of a dozen. Sheesh. It were ever thus with me, though.

What's in the Bygone Bijoux box for today, eh?


This nice wide piece is done in flat peyote stitch, using one of my proprietary bead mixes (you know that's just a euphemism for 'I dumped all these beads into a dish and I'll never remember what was what'). I made this before I got it into my head that I needed to make everything adjustable. Come to think of it, a lot of the stuff I made prior to my "adjustable phase" sold just fine. Huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.